Friday, January 29, 2010

More than 5 years and counting

I was browsing my blog today and realized that I have been doing this in earnest for just over five years now. I set the blog up while avoiding workshops at a conference I was attending in October of 2004 and made a nasty post on Ann Coulter while on vacation at my in-laws house in Tennessee that December (a post which has been updated and moved to a later date). The first time I really started blogging with a passion was around Bush's second inaugural in 2005, where I wrote about Marching Season in Washington (MLK, anti and pro Bush and anti-abortion) in a few installments and then considered the question of whether the Republicans were as corrupt as everyone thinks they are. The following month, I dealt with questions of pro sports ownership in light of the NHL lockout.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, with the Republicans still as corrupt as we thought they were (or at least a misguided) while the football owners are cancelling labor agreements and getting ready to lock out there players for the season after next.

Originally, this blog was a supplement to a radio show I was developing and a website and privately published book that was up and running on Geocities. Geocities is now closed and I have moved the content to a set of entries on this (and other) blogs dated June 2004 - although this blog is the source of all the others. Sometimes, it seems I have more blogs than readers, except that occassionally I do get comments. For a while, I had (and technically I still have) a show on Blog Talk Radio - which you can link to on the right pane. I just have not scheduled a show in over a year, since I had high phone bills and a really bad flu. Now, I have a calling plan that will absorb the calls without being too expensive and I have long since recovered from that bout of the flu and a subsequent treatment for primary aldosteronism and associated hypertension. I have also branched out to the Freeliberal.com and to a paid blog on the DC Examiner page and a diary on the DailyKos. This is still the original blog and I still post here.

As Jerry used to sing, what a long, strange trip its been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home