Friday, October 08, 2021

Subjective Objections on Cognitive Functions

Is this title controversial enough to get views? I hope so, if for no other reason that typers look at my other videos and analyze whether I am an ENTP or INTP (or something else). My target audience is partitioners of Objective Personality.

Dave and Shann's observer vs. decider distinction does not make sense to my introverted thinking (Ti), although it is the extroverted thinking (Te) thread that I pulled on first.

Can extroverted thinking be both respecting the thinking of the tribe and finding solutions that work for the tribe? It cannot be both. Ti it through. The same question applies to feelings - does extroverted feeling honor the tribe's values or try to change them?

Originally, the self v. tribe did not originally ring true. Now, I find it the essential difference in each function. All introverted functions are, by nature, self centered. Anything for the tribe is extroverted.

Observing (Intuition and Sensing) being just about gathering and sorting data seems an awfully limited way to look at the sensuality of S or the inspiration of N. My experience of being an extroverted intuitive is about communicating options out, not gathering them in. While I can be as sensual as the rest of them, it is mostly about my senses rather than the senses of the tribe.

This is not to say that the observer and decider functions are not real. Here is how I (and only I), see them:

Introverted thinking is a decision function, but extroverted thinking is observing what the tribe thinks. 

Introverted feeling is also a decision function on personal values, while extroverted feeling is about observing tribal values rather than influencing them.

Introverted intuition (or imagination) is an observer function where I check my own options for the other functions. Extroverted intuition is where I offer options to the tribe in all things. 

Introverted sensing (or sensuality) is how I am observing the physical universe, past and future. Extroverted sensing is where I provide for the physical world of the tribe. This function makes things and has parties.

Mapping these out to the 16 types yields some interesting groupings which Jung may have had in mind. INTJ and ENTJ make plans for working within tribal dogma, INFJ and ENFJ make plans for themselves to operate inside tribal values. ISTJ and ESTJ organize their physical world around tribal dogma with ISFJ and ESFJ organizing their world to conform to tribal feelings.

The FPs and TPs are double deciders in the top two functions. INTP and ENTP analyze things and offer options for the tribe. ISTP and ESTP think through and make plans for the tribe's physical welfare. ISFP and ESFP are about the physical world and their own values. INFP and ENFP are about making the tribe conform to their own values.

Now for the polarities:

Ti only apply their thinking to tribes they care something about - Fe.

Te are only interested in the information of tribes that reflect their own values - Fi.

Fe value groups that agree with their ideas.

Fi examine their values in groups where they agree with the basic dogma (Te).

Ne source their options for the tribe from their sensory experience - their memories (Si).

Ni make plans for how to exist in the world of the tribe.

Si looks for sensations in tribes where they are comfortable.

Se do things for the tribe based on what they like.

I have Ne and Ti in my top functions - meaning I care enough about this work and community to say something about it. On another day, we will look at how this work feeds the animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home