Friday, March 03, 2023

Where have I been?

One would think, from my dearth of postings so far this year, that I have given up on blogging for Lent or as a New Year's Resolution. I made such a resolution in 2022 to stop blogging and commenting daily in response to Michael Sean Winters and the Tax Policy Center. That one was largely kept, at least with regard to MSW. 

The reality is that I have gone back to school as a graduate student, taking advantage of the fact that in Maryland, 60 year old retirees can go back for free. Almost free. There is such a thing as homework and I have not had the time to blog much. 

A look back on recent posts on all platforms shows that of them were in response to YouTube videos. It seems I had become addicted to them. Part of the reason I went back to school is to break that addiction. I still browse my feed, but I have had no time to read. There are over 200 videos in my Watch Later list. I will likely take the summer off, save for one online class, so I will get back to posting. Maybe.

This semester, I am in an Anthropology of Work seminar. My plan has been to pursue a Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology and do a dissertation on A Culture Theory of (Authoritarian) Capitalism. This sounds more Anthro than Psych. We will see next spring if there are any takers. In a few years, I will likely take dissertation seminars in both places, as well as in economics and business administration. 

Or, I may just write a book based on other people's original research. I did an outline for the latter yesterday. This was my second go at such a thing. I developed one for a fellow cultural theorist and it did not hold together well. The new one does, but as an opinion piece rather than a textbook.

I posted my analysis having to do with an Anthro reading assignment on my Bindner Associates page. Please see below, as I have moved it to this blog.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home